tripped and fell full weight on my TKR

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi I am 8 weeks post op and tonight I tripped and fell straight on to my knee...wasn't that sore at the time but hot and achey now.. although seems to be the soft tissue at the back of my knee that hurts more.... I did ice it straight away.... so annoyed as I was just starting to feel as though I was getting somewhere.... :-(

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mary 

you must be feeling bad

but I went to see my surgeon today and he grabbed my knee and bent it right back ...the pain was terrible it felt as if he'd broken it ...he said a

i'll be in pain tonight and he was so right ...he also said if I'd warned you you'd have tensed up  and I couldn't have done it 

then he said ..you can't hurt this knee no matter what you do

so I'm just saying don't worry as you've done no harm to your knee just made it sore 

plenty of ice and painkillers until it settles back down 

take it easy Mary 

jean 

also 8 weeks post op 

• Posted

Thank you for your reassuring reply.. hope you  continue to get better too. Take care. x
    • Posted

yikes, jean!!!! your surgeon and mine must be related. did he do that to increase your bend? how is it feeling now?  has the pain diminished?  are you following your own advice and doing plenty of ice and painkillers?  hope you are feeling better and it was worth the pain.
  • Posted

ouch i can feel that for you , i should think you may have pulled you knee before it was ready , but hay ho youve done it , keep up with the ice and rest , and if your worried see your gp ,they do say that its really difficult to do any damage ,you will get there in the end x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.