Tripped and landed on bottom of large toe

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had surgery last Wednesday. All has been going well until yesterday. I was icing my foot without boot, got up, and my scooter got caught on rug. I caught myself but unfortunately it was on my foot that I just had double bunion removed. The landed in toward the front of my foot under large toe. I have screws. There was a minor pain when doing this. I elevated and took Aleve. Throughout the night the foot has felt more swollen and numb ( about like 3days post op-I still have sensation in foot it's more that swollen feeling). Has anyone fallen or accidentally stepped on their foot and if so what came if it??

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

My surgeon mention he wasn't to concerned about me hurting my toe as due to the bolts in there nothing will be damaged, they hold everything in place. He was telling he was more concerned about me bracking another bone in my body due to a fall as your unstable.  So I think you should be all right. 

• Posted

Yes, I did exactly the same thing.

Hurt and swelled...after that I made sure to wear my boot at all times.

I was alright, it probably just bruised it more. The screws and plate are pretty strong.

Although I did call the doctor afterwards too

It was on the list, falling on surgical foot...call doctor. rolleyes

Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.