Trish

Posted , 4 users are following.

i am a year and 4 months post op. really pleased i had op done and doing well. Has anyone else experienced nightmares post surgery please? I have relived all the noises from being in theatre. Also found down and miserable which just isnt me. Anyone else had this please?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

My wife had brain aneurysm surgery almost 9 years ago. Has been taking Prazosin 5 mg to relieve her nightmares. Started at 1-2 mg but needed the 5 to get the desired effect. Talk to your doc to see if this would help and check for med interactions. Here's something on depression...

Post-Op Depression

Hope you find this helpful.

• Posted

Trish, were you awake during your surgery? How CRUEL!!!! From what I was told they bend and twist, pull and pound on your leg. I was totally unconscious. How horrible for you.

As for the down and depressed I can vouch for that. It was the most traumatic surgery and recovery, and I am still no where healed, I have ever experienced. The fear of never fully recovering,

the constant pain, numbness, swelling

(tourniquet) all the way to my foot and very little improvement left me overwhelmed. I am not a crier but I sure have my moments now. I feel hopeless sometimes. This experience has shaken me to the core. I haven't had ONE day without pain, most above a 5+. My leg is so swollen it is next to impossible to lift it into the bath tub. Nothing but the ice cooler helps. May 17 will be my 5th month. I still can't do stairs without putting both feet on each step going down. I am constantly in fear of falling or bumping into something. I feel sad. I am a crafter and have no desire to craft anything, I don't want to leave the house. My quality of living is half what it used to be. I

have never felt like this in my life but I would have to say I am depressed now. Dr. does not care just says it takes time.

So glad you got thru it. Me, I am taking it one day at time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.