TRK

Posted , 9 users are following.

5mth on I have to say i wish to god i did not have it done. the pain is just as bad as before the op. the joint gives way. i have now got a lump on the knee cap, still cant bend it more then 95, still cant get up stairs like a normal person can coming down is just as bad, doing as told by the physio who has been great. cant sit for long as the knee becomes stiff and locks, still wake up in the night due to pain. SO SO fed up when will it end! my left knee needs doing but until the right gets better its out of the question

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Have you asked your surgeon about the lump ? If you are not satisfied can you get a second opinion?.

Recovery can be very difficult sometimes, and you do appear to be having a very bad time. I was lucky back at work after 6 months and still having no problems after 20 years. I hope you start to improve soon, you will get there. Unfortunately some take longer than others.

• Posted

Hi David yes i have been unlucky i should not moan but just really fed up with it i love to read the positive stories as it gives me hope. my consultant who was also the surgeon and I fell out we did not hit it off I was not happy with the way that he treated me and through his negligence and sticking his finger in the wound I ended up with a very bad abscess that took weeks to heal . my dr said they wont do anything till its 12mth but i’m not waiting that long i have made an appointment to see him on the 3rd to be referred to a new consultant. fingers crossed it gets better on its own x

• Posted

Kathleen,

I FELT THE SAME AT 5 months, i am now at the 10 months and it is so much better. I was even able to walk in LAS Vegas for 6 days and not even a tear. HANG in there, life will get better.

Good Luck and healing prayers for you

• Posted

Hi Barb i bet you enjoyed your walk to las vegas i cant even walk the dogs over the field to painful i will keep doing my exercises and hope that it does get better on its own thanks for your support x

• Posted

I would be asking for this to be investigated , I dont think this is normal , I've had two done and no pain after about 3 months , going down stairs is always the worst as i still dont feel stable , but i dont get enough practice . Go back to your surgeon or see another if you are not happy , if too painful still I would be careful doing too much physio

• Posted

hi i 6months in from 6th knee replacement. my lsg gives way. need to strenghthen.ni need 7th one (5 on left leg need 2nd on right)

• Posted

how come you have had so many done

you must be a very strong person to cope with this

good luck i hope you dont have to have any more x

• Posted

I am going in 4 months post op and am in the same boat....hurts to walk, hurts when I sleep, using a extension board to try and help with extending, but it isn't helping, just causes more pain, faithfully going to physical therapy, but it's getting worse. Can only bend to 110-115 and extension is 10-11 . They say its scar tissue and I need a manipulation to break it up, but it may not help with straightening and I need to keep doing the board. I am so frustrated and depressed....I was doing well and then started going backwards. It just aches all the time and I am limping worse than before I had the surgery........

• Posted

I am going in 4 months post op and am in the same boat....hurts to walk, hurts when I sleep, using a extension board to try and help with extending, but it isn't helping, just causes more pain, faithfully going to physical therapy, but it's getting worse. Can only bend to 110-115 and extension is 10-11 . They say its scar tissue and I need a manipulation to break it up, but it may not help with straightening and I need to keep doing the board. I am so frustrated and depressed....I was doing well and then started going backwards. It just aches all the time and I am limping worse than before I had the surgery........

• Posted

hi what is the board u r using!!

i understand your frustration 100% i never ever want this pain again i pray each day for my knee to get better it's like i gave never had it done i understand that it is still early days so fingers crossed we will both be pain free soon stay strong keep positive x

• Posted

It's an " extension board" that runs the length of your leg and buttocks. You lay on it with the leg with the TKR. Your foot is elevated on a higher piece. You strap the board to your knee with one strap just below the knee and one just slightly above the knee. The idea is that the strapping will force down and straighten the knee. It is the longest 10 minutes in my life and hurts like a son of a gun. My extension is still between 7 and 10....so it doesn't seem to be helping. I have been doing this for nearly a month. I am supposed to hear from the surgeon today about scheduling the manipulation.

• Posted

oh ok did uou gave to buy the board of did the hospital lone it yo you ! i will ask if its worth me having one

good luck x

• Posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.