TRK update

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello everyone 

Well this is me 15wks post op 

Returned to work as an HGV driver and it couldn't of went better 

back behind the wheel no probs ... Straight back onto distance work after a couple of days on local runs , only to see how my knee would react ,, a little swelling but nothing to drastic .. My  knee bend and strength improving everyday even doing the night out 

Obviously I know set backs can occur but hopefully not 

I found the extra bits like climbing in and out of the cab has helped can only call it regular exercise 

Well that's my update Good Luck everyone .......John

3 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

That's brilliant John, well done. Can't wait to get back to work and normal life myself. Great to hear that things are going so well for you x
  • Posted

Great news John. I'm sure your feedback is going to inspire many!

• Posted

Well done John!! I too went back to work and feel like a human being again!! Yeah sometimes my knee hurts especially after sitting in the train but just being able to commute and feel part of the team again is priceless!!

Long may it last!!

Have a good bank holiday! 😉😉

• Posted

Good on you and best of luck, John, things can only get better. Just remember, CLIMB in and out of the cab DON'T jump and if you're pulling curtains brace yourself well, if windy. I put my OP on hold till I retired as over the last few years I was shunting trailers local. Didn't think it would have gone well going back to the number of trailers I was shifting. Then tipping and loading every day. The last year was painful, with a couple of unscheduled E&A visits for injury to the knee. Managed to hang on till pension started then hung up the keys. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.