Trouble Breathing for 3 days

Posted , 3 users are following.

So about 4 days ago I went to help my cousin pick up bricks for his backyard. They were pretty heavy and at the end of helping I found that I couldn't breathe right. It felt like i wasn't able to take a full breath, so then I started having an panic attack (I have anxiety problems). I ended up just sitting it off and i felt better so i got back to helping with the bricks. The next day at night im sitting down and all of a sudden...the same feeling: trouble breathing and I felt like I could'nt get a full breath, so then I went in to a SEVERE 35 MINUTE LONG ANXIETY ATTACK convincing myself it was a heart attack, so i ended up going to the ER and they checked my heart, blood pressure, took blood, took a urine sample, and took a chest X-ray. They said that my heart was fine but my blood pressure was pretty high so they gave me an anxiety pill and sent me home. During my time there sitting and waiting i was feeling better hardly any trouble breathing, but IMMEDIATLEY AS I GOT UP TO WALK OUT I FELT THE SAME PROBLEM I just wasnt panicing about it as much. So it been 3 days with this problem 24/7 and im actually pretty scared as it is has been causing me to fight the urge to fall into a full on anxiety attack all day everyday. Every night I fall into a HORRIBLE ANXIETY ATTACK now from which my family must calm me down. Im worried because i feel like the ER workers did not really check my chest xray or blood as they gave me no test paperwork and when i asked if the tests and xrays came out fine the nurse who was sending me home was not listening and just said, "oh yeah" then handed me the pill and walked away without looking at me at all. When i lay down certain ways its less noticable but still there i have ALOT OF trouble sleeping now. Im worried it's pnemounia or something bad. Could it be possible i just pulled a muscle by my lung (SINCE I FEEL THE TIGHTNESS ORIGINATING FROM THE TOP OF MY ABDOMEN RATHER THAN ME CHEST) And when i drink water or anything it's even harder to breathe for a while. I feel like its not in my head as i Acid Reflux from time to time and even when im not scared its there. So basically what im asking is do you think it's:

A)ALL IN MY HEAD

B)SERIOUS HEALTH PROBLEM

C) SORNESS

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sounfs like it could be a pulled muscle. But I think your best course of action would be to go to your doctore and let him/ her examine you. Sounds as though your anxiety has more to do with it though than a teally serious problem. But to be safe go to you doctor.
  • Posted

All in your head but you could have pulled a muscle as Jessie said.  My advice is to stop worrying about your physical health and start concentrating on your mental health.  If you concentrate intensively on every ache and pain in your body you will only worry yourself into a state of panic as you are doing.

I can't imagine why a young health person would get a serious health problem from lifting some heavy bricks.  Our bodies are a lot more robust and strong than that and are made to last a lifetime.  You have had tests done and you are fine.  x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.