Trouble coping with svt

Posted , 3 users are following.

I keep having svt episodes when I’m not wearing my heart monitor and it’s beginning to frustrate me because I really need my cardiologist to see these episodes, I’ve started wearing it 24/7 and it’s like everytime I wear it I don’t have an episode!! I’m not sure what to do.. I just want it to be treated so my anxiety over it all can come done a bit, it’s really been consuming a big portion of my life lately. I’m not saying that no episodes have been captured I have captured two so far which I’m really happy I did, I just wish I didn’t feel so anxious all the time about it. Sometimes an anxiety attack feels so similar to the real thing it’s hard to tell and My life is really effected by it sometimes. I don’t want to sound like I’m complaining or anything it’d just be nice to know that I’m not alone in this and there are people with the same struggles that I am having. Maybe this chat could be a support chat for everybody. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kevin, exactly the same thing happened to me when I wore the monitor, although I did manage to trigger an episode by eating then bending forward..On the upside I haven't had an episode in about four months now since taking magnesium supplements. I can't believe my doctor didn't suggest this as I've been suffering for near enough fifty years. Good luck with yours anyway Kevin.

• Posted

You might want to look into a Kardia. It's a small bluetooth device that will record a single lead ECG. Not as good as a monitor and can be a bit noisy at times but it does give you an accurate heartrate and is good enough to tell if it's an SVT episode (I also use mine to tell if I'm having PACs or PVCs). The only downside is that it's not always recording so it's hard to catch short episodes with it (takes time to grab it, fire up the app, start recoding). But if you have longer episodes it should let you catch them, and then email yourself a copy of it you can print out and take to the doctor. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.