Trouble falling back asleep

Posted , 6 users are following.

Anyone here struggle when going back to sleep when you wake up? Like I can fall asleep easily now when I'm tired but once I wake up once . No matter how little hours I slept. I struggle so much to sleep. And when I try to fall back asleep I get this warm sensation in my body and my mind starts talking to itself. It's wierd TBH lol I haven't really been much anxious lately, just that whole waking up thing . Anyone go through the same ?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Are you a light sleeper? I am, and at times when I do awake, I have found it takes me time to return to sleep, to the point where sleep takes over, rather than me falling asleep.
    • Posted

Well I always used to wake up a lot during the night or a couple of times but I'd always easily go back to sleep. But lately I can't fall back asleep. Even tho I'm super tired I don't struggle to fall asleep but if I wake up in about 4 hours to use the bathroom or anything . I can't fall back asleep even tho I still feel tired as hell. And then my mind starts like thinking for no reason it's wierd . And then I just feel tired the next day. And if I do manage to fall back asleep I wake up literally every 20 minutes

• Posted

On occasions I've awoken after a few hours, and just clocked watched the hours by. Are under any Stress or worry? I'm the World's worst Worrier and it is then, that I can not sleep no matter how tired I am. Go along to your GP and tell him/her about your lack of sleep, I hope you get a good night's sleep and soon.

• Posted

Yes all the time, I ofren dont even try to go bac

k to sleep any more, tend to put local radio on. Sometimes put on a meditation cd, or hypnotherapy cd.

Some days I feel totally zombiefied, others I am ok, guess I am getting used to being an insomniac.

Once in a while I take a couple of Nytol tablets, they seem to help for one night only, so when I am really needing a good sleep I use them.

I get about 6 good hrs with them.

• Posted

Yes I hate it ! I miss being to sleep like 8-10 hours if possible. I wake up out of nowhere and struggle to go back to sleep I hate it, and if I manage to fall back asleep I wake up every 20 min so it doesn't even feel like I slept TBH. And I'm just always tired. Idk if that's insomniac or not v

• Posted

Have you started something different than you used to do at night like drinking tea or coffee

Sometimes if the room is to warm or you have something on your mind that can start a problem.

Are you taking any medications at the moment

BOB

• Posted

It happens to me every night at least twice. I find that getting up and doing something for awhile....getting on this forum and seeing if I can help someone is one of them. Often I eat something light. Either or both of these let me go back to sleep, especially if I have white noise going on...like a fan humming.
  • Posted

Yes Eduardo, me too. I can fall asleep, but something in the morning jolts me up and my adrenaline is flowing. Heart pounding and racing thoughts. It's 3:3 or 4:30 and I typically, on the week days, wake up at 5:30. Going back to sleep for that hour or two  is very difficult.

?I just saw my nurse practitioner yesterday and she upped all my meds. I guess it's going to take a few days for it to all kick in but still woke up and body ready to jet.

?I feel your pain brother. Thinking of you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.