trouble swallowing

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have posted on here before but im a sufferer of anxiety and i want to know if anyone else has trouble swallowing and if its making you even more anxious also any neck pain? Its restricting me to start working again when my son hopefully gets the all clear long way to go yet but can't stop thinking about it!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I often have wierd throat things, difficulty swallowing or feeling like there's something stuck.  Its called globus hystericus (old fashioned term) or globus sensation.  Just another lovely anxiety symptom.  Mine comes and goes and is worse sometimes.  Usually not there in the morning before i get chance to get anxious!! I guess if you were getting too worried - see the doctor.  I might soon as i have had a sore throat for a bit as well but there's lots of bugs about. xx
    • Posted

I get the same thing in my throat. ENT doctor told me it was globus due to anxiety. Mine is getting better since my meds are kicking in.. I take gaviscon to ease the feeling.. It does help 
  • Posted

I don't have trouble swallowing, but do get a lump in the throat type feeling and like the food is stuck in my chest after I eat.... good luck...dealing with anxiety is not fun
    • Posted

It isn't fun at all i have that feeling to with the food feeling stuck its horrid all of this is horrid.yh iv been docs he referred me to have camera down nose n throat all came back ok but still having these problems. So stressfull he said its anxiety and to try n take myself out the stressful situation but easy said than done as its my kids my 2 yr old always poorly and now think he has autism  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.