Trouble swallowing

Posted , 3 users are following.

I been taking amlodpine for a year now and boy has this medication make my life hell! I feel depressed, scared , lazy and depressed. I also have trouble swallowing. Once it’s time to swallow , it’s like my neck tightness up and I’m scared to swallow.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I was prescribed Domperidone three months ago.  It is working.  Was diagnosed over 30 years ago.  Fortunately no surgery but calcium channel blocker, Botox and dilation which weren’t working over this period of time. The drug you are taking is a calcium channel blocker which could have side effects.

Am finally over fear of eating but have changed diet and eating habits.  Lots of fluids (soup, flat ginger ale, milk).

I understand Domperidone not available in US.  It does have some potential cardiovascular risks.

• Posted

See a good GI doc and Get to the bottom of this. Something tells me that some of your problems may be psychosomatic. Perhaps not. Having a feeling of not being able to swallow at times just doesn’t sound like Alchalasia to me. I would need to hear more about symptoms you are experiencing and when they make themselves known. Good luck. 

DJRN

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.