Trouble thinking for about a month and a half.

Posted , 4 users are following.

So ever since I had a major anxiety attack lasting about a week from April 9th to the 15th of April I've had trouble thinking and it's begun to get me worried that I have a tumor or something. I'm only 20 if that helps. When I began having the forgetfulness I went to two doctors both of which said it's nothing to worry about, I had gotten a blood test as well and it all came out good across the board. I did go to my psychiatrist twice the past month and she said it may be the medicine or indeed that it's the anxiety, nothing bad. My new counselor says the same thing as well as friends and what not, I also gotten an eye test and the pressure in my eyes was fine which from what I understand gets higher when one has a tumor. Now i'm not forgetting key things like friends and families names or where I am and what not. Only fairly minor things, for example I forgot what a "blender" was called or what a "toilet seat" was called although that was most likely due to overthinking. Also with celebrity names, I forgot the names of "Morgan Freeman, Heidi Klum and Matt Damon". I'm trying to tell myself that i'm fine, the forgetfulness only started to happen after my major anxiety attack and that every human forgets stuff like that. Thank you for taking the time to read this all.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

When you start thinking about it you become more aware. I use to have the same problem.

Anxiety can give you a bunch of symptoms.

Headaches ,vision changes, nightmares and distractions. You ever bought a car and all the sudden you notice how many people have your car.

Thats what your doing. Everyone forgets things.

Our brain is train to forget what we don't use.

If you said to me i forgot my own name then it would be different.

• Posted

Thank you everyone, I really do feel so much better, I'm going to push through this and try to not overthink and if I do forget something I won't let it bother me, I'll remember it or I'll search up what this person is named or whatever if it comes down to it, I won't let it stay in my mind and worry me. Once again thank you all so much!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.