trouble with disgusting food

Posted , 2 users are following.

everyday is a struggle to eat have had tested cuz doctor throught i had an eating disorder but not true months ago i got of ate a horse but now recently i have no appettie some days i am really hungry but struggle to disgust it or keep it down i had to change my diet cuz of bad heartburn. this evening i am eating pasta and feel like its sitting in my throat and half way threw the bowl i felt nausea not sure wat to do

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm so sorry to hear of this Samantha. I'm am struggling from a gastro flu and I know how you feel. I can barely eat and have no appetite. I'm eating organic beef broth 3 times a day. A small bowl of white rice and sour dough toast. That is pretty much it n endless to say I'm loosing weight. It's a slow go but pasta I would definitely say is much too heavy. My Dr also put me on heavy duty probiotics and l- glutamine. Buscopan is hardly touching the cramps and pain. I'm also doing castor oil packs on my gut 2-3 times a day for an hour. It's a slow go with gut issues but slow and steady is best. Once you find something that agrees with you stick with that and add very slowly. I wish you well. Keep as positive as you can I know it's hard but I'm trying with all my might!

best Jannie

• Posted

Well I sympathise with you Samantha as I am struggling to eat also and waiting to go for cameras up and down just been prescribed antidepressants ! Constantly feel sick and metallic taste . Eating small amounts of very bland food def no tomatoes , can manage a bit of potato and broccoli losing weight daily look back on the time when I could have a glass of wine and a cup of coffee with longing good luck Issy 
  • Posted

Oh Issy you too, we are a bunch. I think my anxiety isn't helping. See Dr today and hope some relief is around the corner. Eating now is a challenge and I guess whatever you can manage is what we eat. The beef broth is good but not solid. Mashed potatoes and egg yolk with toast is about it. I tried a protein shake but it didn't do well. Keep the faith everyone this too shall pass and hopefully soon....
    • Posted

Hope today brings improvements for Jannie & Samantha  I find glutamine soothing , finding one of the worse things shopping /planning / cooking for my husband & son (both at work all day) tried slippery elm about an hour ago GP has given me antidepressants now , haven't taken them yet . Issy 
    • Posted

Thank you dear Issy. The healing is slow, my gut flora was wiped out by this nasty flu. My Dr says it will take time to repair. I'm still eating bland foods but did add some peas to my rice first veggie. So far so good my only big complaint is the gut pain on right side. It feels like my bowels are just really wrenched and most likely are. I hope the L- glutamine helps, I just finished round one of a week.  I feel for you with the food planning, my husband is doing his own thing but with children that does work very well. I hope you get relief soon as Samantha. I'm doing castor oil packs 3 x daily as well to relax the gut. I sure hope we feel better soon!!  Going sit in the sunshine and have some tea.... Best to all 😎
    • Posted

Forgot to ask what type antidepressants. I would think about taking them. I've been on for awhile now and I believe they are helping, just a thought.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.