Trouble with head spells upon awakening

Posted , 8 users are following.

Anyone have issues upon awakening with their head feeling whirly? It almost feels like I don't have enough oxygen going to my brain and i have a lot of ringing in my head. It's just awful. It starts within about 5 min after waking up. 56 and in menopause for sure. Been to dr had tons of tests, scans etc nothing found. It makes me super anxious.

3 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hi nettie! yes maam! my head does all kinds of crazy stuff... i swear it feels like my brain spins 100 miles an hour... hard to explain but its the weirdest, scariest feeling 😦

im off balance or have a swaging feeling all the time ... i have ringing in my right ear which doesnt help either... hugs to you, my friend....

• Posted

Thank you for your quick response, Pam. Scary indeed. Does anything help you? I'll take any advice I can get.

• Posted

yvw.... sadly ive found nothing to help 😦

mornings are the worst for me.. always so anxiety filled... so annoying...

• Posted

Lots of terrible and scary head symptoms here too. Ive had so many head, sinus and spinal scans and nothing has shown up. So has to be hormonal. We cant all be making this up, so many seem to have dizzy, heavy head and aches/pressure. I have all of those and more. Dizzy, off balance, head and eye pain, jaw pain, neck pain, weird vision, trouble focusing, heavy head etc etc. Its so debilitating, i hope it all ends at some stage, Ive had mine for nearly 2 years now.

• Posted

yes I have lot of those symptoms on daily basis for almost a year now. It's scary and debilitating. I get heavy head feels like I'm carrying a huge stone over my head, severe tension headaches, neck pain, lots of ringing in my right ear and head. I barely have an appetite. I went to doctors in the beginning but no help, they all say everything's normal. So it must be the hormones causing havoc in our lives. All these symptoms really make my health anxiety worse and make me depressed. I try to take one day at a time. I hope this ends soon for all of us.

• Posted

Thanks, Pam. thank you everyone for your responses. So hard to believe hormones can make one feel so awful. This forum has been such a blessing! Again, thank you.

• Posted

59 here...you've painted an apt description of me most days. sometimes i actually shake my head as if to clear it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.