trouble with orgasms help!!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi

this is a difficult subject but i have been on cit for 6 weeks now and im finding it increasingly difficult to reach orgasm when i never had a problem in this dept before. have you had this problem and does it get better or is this going to be permenant? other than this and yawning all the time i seem to be ok with this drug. i do hope this doesnt last!!!LOL!!

by the way im female too!!!LOL!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

SORRY TO BE THE BEARER OF BAD NEWS BUT IT IS A COMMON SIDE EFFECT.

I SUFFERED WITH THIS WHEN ON 20 MG AND WHEN I REDUCED TO 10MG I HOPED IT MIGHT GET BETTER BUT IT DIDN'T.

I STILL ENJOY A GOOD SEX LIFE BUT IT CAN BE FRUSTRATIN TO BE ON THE BRINK OF AN ORGASM BUT NEVER BLOODY GETTING THERE!!

I AM FEMALE TOO AND LUCKILY MY PARTNER UNDERSTANDS - HE ACTUALLY THINKS ITS GREAT THAT HE CAN BE AS SELFISH AS HE WANTS IN BED NOW!!!

• Posted

[quote:ba1042fd54=\"rachdomel\"]SORRY TO BE THE BEARER OF BAD NEWS BUT IT IS A COMMON SIDE EFFECT.

I SUFFERED WITH THIS WHEN ON 20 MG AND WHEN I REDUCED TO 10MG I HOPED IT MIGHT GET BETTER BUT IT DIDN'T.

I STILL ENJOY A GOOD SEX LIFE BUT IT CAN BE FRUSTRATIN TO BE ON THE BRINK OF AN ORGASM BUT NEVER BLOODY GETTING THERE!!

I AM FEMALE TOO AND LUCKILY MY PARTNER UNDERSTANDS - HE ACTUALLY THINKS ITS GREAT THAT HE CAN BE AS SELFISH AS HE WANTS IN BED NOW!!![/quote:ba1042fd54]hi i have been on 20 mg for last 3 weeks and was yawning all time but that has gone now and feeling great apart from not been able to ejaculate and if do takes hours but the wife isnt complaining. :lol:

• Posted

Yup.......been there. I've been on citalopram for a year and it's been a side effect all through. Sorry to say. I'm getting better and back down to 10mg and they're back with a vengence, YAY. Stick with the pills they really help and the sacrifice is small compared to how you could feel without them..........................well lets not go there!
  • Posted

hello,actually ive found that when i feel back to being me the non orgasmic side effects go away,i mean when im anxious and low im not in the mood anyway!!!! so when im relaxed it seems to be ok,and like other posts have said,putting more work in is not a bad thing smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.