Trouble with statins

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've had trouble taking statins for the last seven or eight years my doctors tried pretty much every kind most recently I was taking 1 g a day of livalo and finally had to take a break from it .

My problems are just feeling like I have the flu all the time anyone out there have that same problem ?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Dear Mr. Tim

Oh yes all day everyday painful after years of being on statins and amlodipine I finally got my doctor or the nurse practitioner to listen to me just this week I got off the medication and I can tell a big difference I I feel a little bit better although it does take time for these poison toxins to get out of your system the more water you drink the better off you are I don't have the aches and pains like I used to I still have some muscle pain in the lower back but I feel so much better I'm so thankful that the doctor finally listened and so now we're going to find out how high my cholesterol is and I'm going to work on exercising swimming yoga eating better I love this website it is help so much

• Posted

Hi Mr Tim - I had a terrible time with statins. The doctor ignored multiple problems, choosing to blame me for conditions I'd never dealt with in my life before. I got rid of him and the meds. It has taken two years to regain me health - that's how much they poisoned me. I manage "high" cholesterol with diet and exercise. Fish oil, lots of greens fruit etc, olive oil, fish - espec. salmon. No red meats, sugars, fast food, trans fats or so called 'low fat' foods (sugar has been used to substitute fats so item reamins 'tasty'wink.

I have researched the cholestrol band wagon and those poisons called statins. It's a con job. 

• Posted

I agree 100% with Wayne and others.  Ditch the statins immediately.  Your health is being compromised by them and if you read all the research done, you will note that they really are very unsuitable for most people.  It is clinically proven that they only increase life expectancy by the most minimal amount (less than a year in most cases) but do irreparable damage to the liver and muscles.  They also increase the risk of type 2 diabetes, which itself can cause heart problems.  It’s a multi billion dollar industry that benefits ONLY the pharmaceutical companies and definitely not the patients.  Not only this but high cholesterol isn’t always the killer they make it out to be.  Reputable studies have shown that artificially low cholesterol is noted in many alzheimers patients for example.  Manage your cholesterol by any other means NOT this poison.  I have damaged muscles due to statin use which resulted in ruptured bicep tendons (rotator cuff) the pain is intense and its permanent damage.
    • Posted

Thanks for your support, loxie. The brush with statins has certainly been an education and I never trust any doc before I have thoroughly researched what they are saying. Btw, you were one of the first responders to me when I joined this site a coupla years ago - I want to thank you for that. It helped me focus. Sorry that you have had such a terrible and permanent outcome from statins.
    • Posted

Louie, I too agree.I finally got off those statins. and in just at a few days there has been such a difference. My muscle aches in my body have completely gone however I still have reoccurring muscle pain in my back it's a gradual process those toxins and poison has to get out of your system so I keep drinking a lot of water to help with that plus the amlodipine has the same effect as a statins it's so nice to feel normal . I do not have pain anymore when I get up as if I have the flu I'm so thankful I am so blessed although it still does hurt nothing like it used to that medicine should be banned in the u.s. take care of you one I wish you well

• Posted

aww thank you Wayne.  I'm glad this forum helps so many.  I have never been 'evangelical' about anything before and until statins came into my life I trusted my doctors implicitly.  I cannot believe after all the bad press, legitimate research and clinical results, they are still peddling this poison and trying to scoop more and more unsuspecting souls into the net.  Money talks I guess and the pharmaceutical industry have the power afforded by their billions.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.