Trouble with swollen eyes for years, I don't know what's causing it.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi,

I'm 20 years old, I have been having issues with my eyes for years now since I was a kid, its getting prominent by the years and it's starting to take a toll on my confidence. During the morning hours I tend to avoid social conversations with people due to this issue which sounds absurd but it really bothers me. Whether its waking up from a short nap or waking up in the morning the area around my eyes are noticeably inflamed and swollen, it doesn't take minutes for the swelling to go away however it takes it takes the majority of the day. I have these swollen eyes for the majority of the day up until late afternoon where my eyes don't look as puffy. The problem is that I look completely different between when I wake up and go to bed, many people ask me questions such as "have you slept?" and "you look tired" and it gets irritating. I have been to my GP where she told me to get my blood test done, I got my tests done and everything is perfectly ok. I do get 8 hours of sleep, drink plenty of water, I have a varied balanced diet and I don't have any allergies. I have tried eye creams, nothing seems to work. I'm really frustrated...

It would be greatly appreciated if someone can give me insight to this issue.

Thanks in advance!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.