Troubles with swallowing

Posted , 2 users are following.

I suffer with terrible head lth anxiety and constantly worry I have cancer or mnd, just recently I think I'm going to choke. I think I have too much saliva and have to keep swallowing it, Ive started to sit up in bed because I'm frightened to lay down in case I choke. I'm also worried when I'm eating and yesterday my food went down the wrong way and now I'm frightened to death I have mnd. I can't take my mind of the swallowing and don't know if it's anxiety or not. Anyone else suffer with this I'm so scared x

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lisa,

I also suffer from health anxiety and have trouble swallowing as I feel like there is a lump in my throat, my muscles don't want to work or the back of my throat is burning. I suffer from silent acid reflux so I'm not sure if it's that or my anxiety causing my throat issues or both but I get very scared and find it hard to not think about.

I try to distract myself with music and books which sometimes helps. I also use rescue remedy drops to try and calm myself but most of the time I just want to cry.

Hope you feel better soon x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.