Troubling chest pain for one month, doctors are stumped

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hoping I can find some good advice. I'm a 32 year old male, in good shape with no prior health issues. I've been suffering from head pressure, random episodes of high blood pressure and highly increased pulse, and chest pain. It's been negatively impacting my life, and the doctors seemed stumped. Every test has come back negative. D dimer, dozens of blood tests, MRI and MRA of heart and head with contrast, EKGs, cat scans with contrast. Nothing's been found. I'll get a clenching pain over my left pectoral, or a stabing pain in my right ribs. I've also been experiencing some swelling in my abdomen between my belly button and privates, the doctors seemed unconcerned. Constipation as well. I don't know where to go from here, but I would greatly appreciate any help. Terrified it may be pe, or fibro. Thank you for any advice

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Added info. Difficulty going to the bathroom, my neck will randomly fall asleep. Constantly dizzy when I stand up. When the Spike in pulse happens it's arrythmic, the only guesses the doctors have currently is a digestive issue, thinking I should have a scope done

• Posted

Start taking your weight, every morning when you first get up, toilet, then your weight with empty bladder and record what your weight is in a little booklet. 

Sounds crazy but could be significant if it is a heart issue that they are missing, my husband has heart failure, and electrical issues with his heart, very hard to diagnose until it becomes a regular issue, intermittent issue very hard to catch you at just the time the issue is happening. and for him his weight changes are our only warning sign that things are on the downturn.

Dr's most interested in the changes to his weight, last time it happened it wasn't his heart but a virus that was affecting his entire system, and with the underlying heart issues very important, admitted to hospital for 4 days to watch him, and do tests to try and find out what was happening, lots and lots of blood tests and no result, told it must have been viral, but they don;t know what.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.