True sciatica

Posted , 4 users are following.

About September last year, the pains in my left leg started and have been virtually unrelenting all that time. Other people that I have spoken to have taken medication for a while and the pain has gone and in some cases with only an occasional flare up.

Do other people have periods virtually free from pain. I have taken Gabapentin for much of the time but I don't feel it has given much relief. I have reduced the dose of Gabapentin with little change. I am waiting to go to a pain clinic. I had an MRI scan which only showed age related change(I am 73).Has anyone any solutions?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

The below link is far too simplistic. Basically tells ppl to get an X-ray and see a chiropractor. I used to be a spinal nurse and I find the advice negligent. Sorry, I’m very angry with the advice. It’s giving ppl the wrong direction and advice. All sciatic nerve pain has a root cause. Some serious, some not as serious. Particularly of someone your age, I’d think carefully before heading advice. Talk to professionals, perhaps try heat packs and things like. What does age related change mean? All I can say is don’t let the Drs fob you off. If you have spinal narrowing, crushes of your vertebrae etc etc there are things that can be done under a good, experienced neurosurgeon. If I were you, I’d take your MRI to a good neurosurgeon (you may need to get a few opinions) and check there’s nothing that can be done to permanently fix your pain. 
  • Posted

Are you in the USA? if so try Theraworx Spray and rub in to cramp/pain area, What did your MRI show Usually Pinched Nerve or other problem like a bulging disc, Gabapentin did not phase mine or any of the other Meds they Prescribed, Theraworx gave me relief in 20 to 30 minutes, also upper thigh cramps that came with the Sciatica. Hopes that helps, i am looking at minimal invasive Surgery for final relief.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.