truely fed up

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have suffered with my back since last August and been off work, eventually after going through all the usual treatments I have been scheduled to have a 2 level spinal fusion in February. I can't wait to get it out of the way but at the same time I am anxious. Also, I have a meeting this week with my work about my future and it doesn't look promising, so I am well and truely fed up.

You know when you are in doors and unable to get around as usual, you do this 7 days a week and wish that someone could wave their magic wand and bring you something different. May be its the weather or time of year I don't know, but I am not having a positive moment.

Thanks for listening, just wanted to off load.

Raindrop

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

sorry ur not feeling very possitive, im feeling kinda the same at da mo. could bring myself to tears im so angry at all this pain. its good you've got a date for your spinal fusion. some thing to look forward to (although nerve wrecking also). when ur feeling down its funnie how we think of what should be the simplist things for us to do. (u said about not being able to get around as usual.) when i get really frustrated i think about how much i wish i could put on a bloody pair of socks properly. lol. its hard to think on the bright side when ur feeling down, but just wanted to reply to ur comment an no that ur not alone and i hear u.

kimberley smile

• Posted

Hi Raindrop,

I don't think it's just the weather I also think there's alot of people feeling like you on this site, :cry: if we had a date to look forward to for our Ops/Appointments I'm sure it would help, it certainly would give me something to look forward too (sad I know, we must be the only people who are looking forward to going into Hospital).

I have days when I think what's the point of going on (somedays I don't even get dressed), I'm practically a cripple in my own home. Sometimes the pain's so bad I can't even dress myself and all I do is lay like a zombie on the sofa all day drifting in and out of sleep due the the strong painkillers I'm taking.

I've not worked at all this year I've already had one Op in Jan this year but this was unsuccessful I was told in Oct I have been put on the list for another Op but it's a 4-5 month wait. Do these people realise that we have homes and families to look after I'm divorced and have 2 kids aged 16 and 13 years who want all the latest gadgets, games etc for Christmas how are you supposed to live on £72.55 a week Incapacity Benefit. I have worked all my life and never claimed anything before and now when I really need help all I get is a measly £72.55 this just to say pays for my Weekly Food bill.

It's a good job we have this site to let off steam and have a moan or 2 I think we'd crack up otherwise. It's good to talk to people in the same situation as yourself.

Hope your pains eased a little, if you need to have a moan we are all good listeners on this site.

Take care for now.

Angela

• Posted

hi all

we,all know only too well what it feels like to be unable to live a normal life, i was thinking only this morning when cursing the fridge again( having to bend to get the milk out) how my previous life is becoming a blur and when/if i ever have this surgery will i remember what i was able to do before the prolapses???? i think this time of year is defo the worst this will be the 3 xmas i,ve suffered now unable to party, go shopping, and generally enjoy xmas without popping painkillers, i was so hoping that i would have had the op by now, i was told like you angela so many differant times, and the last one which was a few weeks ago was \" oh you,ll have it just before xmas\" YEH WHATEVER heard it all before still not heard anything the chc(wales equivalent to pals) phoned the hospital 2 wks ago and was told the same thing. but now i,ve developed a slight cold (dry throat) no temp or anything else and im worried now IF they phone i wont be able to have it done cos of the cold!!! any one been in this situation??

raindrop im so glad you,ve been given a date for the surgery, at least you can see an end in sight, ME I GIVE UP!!!! today is the day the officials at my work are having an assesment of my ability to be able to continue in their employment so i dont give much hope of keeping my job, being on sick leave for 10mths, sorry to be such a party pooper but this is not the xmas i had imagined for this year.gail

• Posted

Thank you all for your support, I hope that we will all get through this gloomy stage soon. Maybe thats what it is, only getting incapacity benefit, how do you try and make a normal Christmas for your kids, what they give you is ridiculous especially after working and being used to bringing home a wage. Also, everyone around you is partying and going on work do's and you feel abit excluded, however, I guess in my situation I should be looking forward, this time next year might be different. I'm sorry I wasn't positive yesterday and I know there is always someone worse off than you.

Kimberley, keep your chin up, hope you get a result too, Angela I hope you get your date soon enjoy Christmas as long as you have eachother thats all that matters, Christmas's always come we can't help it if we are ill and its at this time. Gail, I'm sorry this has been your third Christmas, thats awful and makes me feel that I was being selfish thinking of myself yesterday, I hope you get your op soon, doze yourself up with flu stuff to fight the cold off, I will cross my fingers for you. Like you I don't hold up much luck with my job either but what will be will be I guess. Keep going thats what we all do x

Raindrop

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.