truelyfedup

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi there thought best start a new thread the other was getting a bit full . i sorted a letter for my mp yesterday (after i got no reply from my email) and posted it into her office last night. Well this morning i got a letter from the hospital complaints dept dated 1 oct(re: post strike) asking to phone so did so right away and was told that my surgeon has a long waiting list, but there is a visiting surgeon and with my permission she will see my original surgeon to ask if i could have my surgury done by this new surgeon as he has capacity to do the op within the month!!!!! but she stated no promises, so at last someone knows that i am here. I hope all goes well with your surgery and you get some sort of relief at last (well i am hoping to) i,m still quite rough today my right side has sort of siezed up. so fingers crossed i may be coming to a conclusion. keep you informed. best wishes. gail

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gail,

Great news. :D I am so pleased for you. I thought it would be the hospital complaints department that would come through for you in the end, (PALS or whatever they are called in your region). Hopefully they will be true to their word now and get a move on!!! I wonder who'll get done first, you or me????? I'll race ya!!!!!

Best wishes

• Posted

thanks for the message hope your well today sorry to say we got someone else in the race lol :D (mandy) i wasnt told when they would phone back but i presume sometime this week. the neuroscience manager(who dealt with the complaint) said she,d get the consultant nurse to phone me. if the phone rings my heart goes into my mouth but i know i have to have it done to get my life back just nervous now. all the best gail

p.s keep us informed eh.

• Posted

Post removed by Patient Admin at the request of the author.
  • Posted

hi darren you more than most have the right to be angry, i do hope the complaints dept at my hosp will pull through for me !!! you say about spain yes there is a nhs there as is in any parts of the eu now i was treated in a small rundown clinic on the island of santorini (greece) about 4yrs back and i have never had treatment like it they didnt keep me waiting(bad kidny infection ) the doc even sat with me while we waited for the test results that took about 30 mins i was tested there and then . i was terrified of the cost so when all was finished i said how much is this going to cost and she said its free we,r part of the eu!!!! how cools that. BUT dont think you can go over and get elective surgery. but again its worth finding out. all the bestgail
  • Posted

Post removed by Patient Admin at the request of the author.
  • Posted

Hi Darren

You know when I chose the pen name 'truly fed up' I thought I was the only one feeling quite that bad. But it seems that everybody here could use the name.

Having just read something of your story I could scream on your behalf. There has to be a way forward. I sympathise with the dread of getting a CES crisis. The sad thing is that even if you presented at hospital with that they would probably tell you it was diarrhoea and nervous stress/anxiety!!!

The more I read, the more I think nothing is going to happen unless people like us, shout very very loudly!! :x

Best wishes

TFU

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.