Trulicity and thyroid

Posted , 1 user is following.

my husband has had type 2 diabetes his entire life, as has his mother, father and sister

his father had hypothyroidism in his 60's and had his thyroid taken out we dont know a lot other than that he passed away at age 76 of a heart attack

several years ago my husband had hypo thyroid lab results which his primary chose to watch

16 months ago his doctor put him on trulicity

he now has hyper thyroid labs a 40 pound weight loss and extreme fatigue

reference, he is 5'6" and weighs 128

they are checking for Graves disease and then moving to thyroid scans

i asked about the box warning for trulicity and was told it doesnt cause thyroid cancer, but if you already have a family history of a specific type of cancer it might be a concern

interested in any feedback thanks!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.