Truly Ideopathic Mild-Moderate Anemia and 65 years old. Can anything be done?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi. I'm or was a high level tennis player and I think my age and labs have finally caught up to me. I've been tested for every possible cause there is for the mild anemia I have had all my life, and now I find myself getting tired on the court playing with people older and seemingly in worse shape than me. My Hb hit a new low of 11.1 recently, with the others similarly low, just above moderate level. My doc is saying eat red meat, Vitamin D, B 12, and all these things I know won't work because I have tried them before. I suspect I was just born small boned and not producing enough RBC for a guy. Can anything be done to improve my stamina, and improve my longer term prognosis as a senior with currently mild almost moderate anemia?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.