Try to get clear vision past 20ft.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am 68 years old and have been wearing glasses for about 40 years.

I get an eye exam by an ophthalmologist once a year. The glasses i'm currently wearing are two years old and are progressive lenses. My near vision and reading are fine and I can see clearly to about 20ft. Beyond 20 ft. every thing begins to blur. It is difficult to drive and read traffic and street signs until I an right up on them. I have explained this problem to my doctor and to a couple of optometrists in an attempt to correct the problem with confusing answers and little help. I have tried to get single vision sunglasses with my current prescription by they also do not provide clear vision beyond 20 ft. The best answer I got was that the standard vision test is set to 20 ft and does not take into account anything beyond 20 ft. This may explain why my sunglasses did not fix the issue. So their telling me that nobody with glasses can see clearly beyond 20 ft. ???

There must be a million other with this same problem. Has anyone found a fix for this ?

Help !

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sounds very odd. I dont know where you are in the world but I think you are talking about Varifocals which is what progressive lenses are called in UK.I have had varifocal glasses for many years and I drive and I can see beyond 20 feet with them. In fact you should not be driving if you cant see beyond 20ft..

Could it be something to do with your particular lens prescription that cant be changed?. Or a particular eye condition you have?

• Posted

I'm really disappointed that no one seems to have and explanation or a fix for my problem. Some one must know ????

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.