Tryin

Posted , 8 users are following.

to get back off the booze but having a very hard time ... any suggestions would be appreciated smile

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

A little more info would help, as all individuals are different. You've obviously been here a little while, but I can't remember any previous posts. So, how much for how long, how often and is it a dependent thing or just a feeling of consuming more than is good for you.
  • Posted

Have you tried the method that most are trying?  The pills?
  • Posted

Tell me about it. I can manage one day without once in a blue moon and feel amazing and think why do I do this to myself, then go back to drinking too much again. Then feel awful and the cycle begins again.

X

• Posted

Hello Sue,

Have you got any medication, to help you?

Alonangel 🎇

• Posted

don''t have any booze in the house, avoid pubs restaurants and off licences, take up spoort and better diet.  will that do for starters.

Richard

• Posted

HI Sue.

I hit ROCK BOTTOM 3 1/2 YEARS ago and nearly lost my family and HI had to stop...Do not go anywhere near booze and think of the DEVASTATING effect on your health, family, friends and work///it is a long list but DO try it....it worked for me since EVERY DAY I had in my minde NO driinking at all since i have too much too loose..might work for you...do not know but best of luck! Robin

• Posted

Hi Robin,

Is it purely willpower that keeps you off the alcohol?

No medication?

Alonangel 🎇

• Posted

Willpower since I was looking after our 2 yrs old twins as a house dad AND drinking secretely....not good but I did not drink and drive...late drinking etc etc...had to stop. One goal in mind and that was to live longer and see them grow and my health to improve...and it has...Regards Robin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.