Trying again

Posted , 8 users are following.

Took 15mg mirtazipine for a week for sleep and depression. Luckily had no side effects except insomnia so I quit. It's been a week and I am so low and anxious that I have to give it another go. This will be the 3 antidepressant I have tried in 5 weeks. Citalimpram was a nightmare and well but I just couldn't get myself to down pill number two. Feeling a bit discouraged.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Pat

where you anixious before you took mirtazapine? Or has the anixety just started from stopping taking it ?

kaz

• Posted

Sadly anxious before, praying with every day it improves. Been laying around for weeks, no motivation. Off work on a leave. How are you doing ?
  • Posted

Hi Pat, it's strange that you suffered insomnia on Mirt, it usually has the opposite effect at that dose, having said that definitely give it another go as the insomnia should pass. 

Dont get discouraged there are plenty alternative anti depressants, it's hit and miss to find the right one. Neil 

• Posted

I think I stress so much about sleep that I don't sleep. Who knows. All I know is I envy those who close their eyes and are out.

• Posted

Hi 

I've been on Mirt 15mg since April and been great until last week or so. Can't sleep constant anxiety. I think I have sleep anxiety and that is my trigger. Went to docs Tuesday and they gave me Zopiclone. I taken it last 2 nights and slept but my anxiety is raging still. Phoned docs again and I now have to up the Mirt I hope this works coz I'm so fed up. Doc did not really give a s**t😡😡😡😡

• Posted

Hi Richard

Same happened to docs just upping them untill I couldn't stick it no long it was lack of sleep with me it all other side effects.so just be careful upping the dose as I'm 10wks free of mirt and getting of them is the worse thing ever...

Kaz

• Posted

i'm on 15 mg i get to sleep but wake early no side effect .on 30mg i sleep brilliant right through but the side effect on 30mg are unbelievable: wake up with sever anxiety takes about 3 hour to wear off and doped up all day. id try the 15mg for a bit longer as i found they took a while to get used too, as for been good for anxiety they do me no good at all.

• Posted

Hi,

It's my first night on 30mg to be fair if I had not taken sleeping tablet past 2 nights I would have been 4 nights no sleep. My issue is I can't control my anxiety at night to get to bloody sleep!!! 15mg worked great for 7 months then bam!! Back to square one no sleep constant anxiety.

Hope 30 makes me sleep like u say. My anxiety can't be any worse than it is when I don't sleep. And woke up with anxiety on Zopiclone.  

When did u take yr 30 how long before bed.

If I don't get some normality soon, I'm going to go mad.😡😡😡😡

• Posted

Can you get any propanolol 10mg tablets? May take edge off anxiety.
    • Posted

I am only on day 2 (again) and have to stick it out this time. So far so good, a bit dizzy and blah but if I had to compare to last week, better as past week I was at my last straw. Sucks. Feel I will ruin everyone's Christmas.

• Posted

I was given zipiclone also, never took

It. Wonder why we can't sleep, what is fueling what? I think like others I have anxiety over sleeping. When I do sleep I wake up anxious. So sucks.

• Posted

Hi Pat - it doesn't sound like you are giving the meds a chance to fully work if you have had three different sorts in just five weeks. Meds will take 3-8 weeks to be effective. You are overthinking things.

• Posted

You couldn't be more correct. Day 2 and I am sticking it out. Still not sleeping so I will try 7.5 tonight then take the other 7.5 in am. Something as to work

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.