Trying not to worry..

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys, wondering if anyone could help shed some light.

im 26 female. I've been having bleeding after every bowel movement since January. And I'm going more then once a day to the toilet (which is unusual for me). I'm bloating after every little thing I eat, and it's causing me to feel sick and not want to eat. When I've eaten I'm also suffering with stomach pain. I'm passing a lot of wind too (eek). And I'm extremely tired, I can barely move off the sofa and do my housework, I'm struggling to work and be a single mum to a 4 year old!

i plucked the courage to go to the doctors. (I say this, my mum passed at 46.. she had ulcerative colitis which then turned to bowel cancer). So you can imagine I've been nervous. Had a physical examine , can't see piles or tears (I've had piles and boy they hurt this doesn't lol). I've had a full blood test - everything is normal apart from my immflamination? In the blood has come back quite high, so I've got to have more bloods in 2 weeks, and also going to check for my b12 because at my age, I shouldn't want to nap every 10 mins lol. Due to family history, I've also been referred for a colonoscopy.

Does this sound abnormal? Am I over reacting? I suffer with anxiety so because of my mum I'm thinking the worst. 

Sorry for the long post - I just don't know who to talk to.

Thank you x

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

gemma54054

The best thing you can do is have the colonoscopy and then you will know what is wrong-I am so sorry to hear that you are suffering so much at the moment-

I also think  anxiety is not helping you-but it is hard not to be worried when these things happen.

Hope doctor can advise you what sort of treatment you may need -which will depend on colonoscopy results.

Good luck

Susan

• Posted

Dear stargazing I agree with Susan and the sooner the better go have that scope I also suffer from anxiety please try not to worry which is easy to say and definitely stay off Google we are thinking good thoughts for you and please keep us posted and colon cancer is rare for younger people I hope that eases your mind a little

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.