Trying selicron

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am new to this forum but would like to share my views on selicron.

so far very mixed reviews, the first day of taking it was a total disaster, I read all about the side effects and had to have a few drinks before I plucked up the courage to take it , so not sure if the after effects were alcohol abuse or the selicron. But let's just say the next day was the hangover from hell plus feeling very very weirded . 

Second tablet took some courage , but I was seeing my therapist the next day so I wanted to give him some info on how it went . I

thought it had not worked nearly finished the bottle of wine and was so upset it wasn't working, I walked to the shops for my second bottle of wine . I don't know if it was the time lapse , but came home and thought . I just don't want it .  And went to bed . Result 😃

3 rd tablet , didn't kick in like the 2nd one did . I think your head has to be in the right space too . So drank a lot of wine and got very drunk very quickly .

4 th tablet .  Had my first glass of wine in the garden at about 3 o'clock is . So still a bit sober but feel the need to walk to the shops for another bottle 😔 but it has slowed me down . By now I would be absolutely hammered .  So my view  on selicron .

its helping , it's not the wonder drug I thought it would be , but it is going to help . So I am going to keep trying . I know there is no answere , but I do think selicron helping . 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kathryn, i am into my 4th week on the drug now. Overall i have reduced my intake from 60 - 80 units to average 18 units. I am very pleased with the way things are going. Your first dose you can right off as you started drinking before taking the tablet but stick with it as it will get better as you go on. For me it has given me some control back over decisions about having a drink or not. It is diferent for others though and may have effects at different stages of taking it. We are all individuals and it will work differently for people. Stick in for the long haul and i am sure it will continue to improve hour life.

Ray

• Posted

Thank you . I am going to stick with it . What else have I got . 😔
  • Posted

Kathryn, that is totally the wrong way to take it. If you have ANY drinks while not protected by the Selincro, it is a complete waste of time taking it. You MUST take a pill and THEN drink around two hours later. You must stop drinking after about 6 hours as you are likely not to be covered anymore.

Every single client I have used Selincro with, it has worked for once they have taken it exactly as advised. Unfortunately, this drug is being prescribed by people who have no clue how it is supposed to work. There appear to be very few clinicians and alcohol counsellors with the appropriate knowledge.

Taking Selincro incorrectly may have helped you redcuce a little but you will notice far more dramatic effects if you do it correctly.

Good luck! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.