Trying to Articulate my Depression/Anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been off work for 6 weeks and on Sertraline during this time.  It is going to be difficult to work out when I'm ready to go back to work.  Today I attended a pub lunch for my mother's birthday with 8 members of my family.  I coped okay and enjoyed being with my family.  I was monitoring my mood and feelings and noticed as I chatted to others and interacted that in the back of my mind is a loomimg fear/anxiety which is like a primal fear which is somewhere in my head. It seems to wrap itself around my emotions. I think these fears and anxious thoughts are sometimes there when I'm 'well' but I can ignore them then.  

I just wanted to know if anyone can relate to this as it would be a relief if this is a 'normal' symptom?

Thanks, Rusty

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Rusty

I would go through the same problem when I met family I had not seen for a long time. Sometimes these fears may relate to earlier times of your life and are somehow related to past activities, I do not know what has caused your original illness. 

Talk to your GP and explain your concerns, you say you are feeling much better it may be you are now improving

BOB

• Posted

When I was going through my depression I was convinced nothing could ever be alright again. I didn't have a triggers; I just felt like that ALL the time. I was finally diagnosed with MDD with psychosisand my psychiatrist found the meds that work for me. That was July 2015 and I am happy now and enjoying my life again. Keep in touch on thus site, everyone understands. 

Take care,

Phylls

• Posted

Thanks phyllis - I didn't explain properly that I am feeling like this all the time but only really became concious of it more when I was doing something like relaxing with family.  :-)

• Posted

Hi Rusty - sorry toread of your situation. I wonder whether there is something in the past within the family dynamic that causes this reaction?
    • Posted

Thanks wayne - I didn't explain properly that I am feeling like this all the time but only really became concious of it more when I was doing something like relaxing with family.  :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.