Trying to battle with codeine reduction

Posted , 4 users are following.

Since my last post two weeks ago I have managed to stick with 8 co/codomol 30/500 a day (prescribed)I have reduced my over the counter ibuprofen and codeine from 25 to 17. Tomorrow I move down to 16. I try to reduce every couple of days. However yesterday my anxiety and panic attacks were so bad I thought I was having a heart attack and actually dialled 999. The lady at the ambulance service asked me loads of questions and from where the pains were, she decided it wasn't life threatening so just told me to attend A&E within the hour to be checked over.  She was glad that I phoned though. However I did fall asleep at 6pm last night so never attended and never woke until 7.30 this morning. As I hadn't had my daily dose of codeine yesterday I awoke with the most terrible withdrawal syptoms. The bed cloths were soaked and I was in pain and shaking until my first dose of two co/codomol 30/500 and two ibuprofen and codeine. I just want to continue with my reduction until I am taking co/codomol 30/500, for my back pain at the usual dosage of 8 tablets per day. Then battle it from there!

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Good luck this morning Latchy, let me know how you get on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.