Trying to decide to continue treatment

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had a Neu Viva treatment (first one) a week ago. It is same as MonaLisa except supposed to be cheaper (which it wasn't as I found out later). During treatment I experience tremendous discomfort around the end. NOt sure if setting was too high or I'm just too fragile in that area. But it was 6 or 7 jolts that were not what I was expecting. I was "promised" before I had treatment that "it would be nothing." And if, if, I was told, just tell the doctor and he would turn it down. Which I did both verbally and through crying. Youch. And I still felt pain.

I do know that this particular office had not done many of these treatments. That it was all very new. Wondering if they were still working out the kinks, so to speak.

I remain a bit traumitized. I've been feeling discomfort since the procedure. Kind of like a bunch of bad days. Prior those days seemed to run in cycles. Vaginal burning, frequency of peeing, good days and bad days. Seemed to ramp up as the day progressed. Does anyone else experience that, by the way? Like you feel pretty good in the morning but by mid afternoon, burning and increasing discomfort?

?Anyway, like I said, don't know whether to continue. I have contacted another doctor office that does MonaLisa. They expressed surprise by my experience. I wil go in for a consult. Just wonder if this procedure is still too new. That there is the potential for making things worse. Maybe I'm just a bit discouraged because I feel a bit worse than I did prior to the treatment.   

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have VA,even a female exam hurts for weeks,if nothing touchs me in inner vulva or vagina im fine. I should have a pap but now even scared of that after last experiance,was sore a long time.
    • Posted

I so relate. I almost think that if I never ever put anything up there again, I'd be fine. Poor husband!

• Posted

I had my 2nd MLT on Friday & I'm happy to report that it was MUCH easier this time. My doc lowered it & spread it out (I don't know what this means, but I'm having both internal & external, as my tissues had atrophied so much--I'm 80, but a young 80).  Anyway, very little discomfort, hardly any itching. The first night was the most uncomfortable, but now, Sunday, I have just a little discomfort. My doc said she thought because my tissues had improved so much from the 1st treatment, that she was not surprised that the second one was easier. So, ladies, if you can afford it, do it, but go to a good urologist, is my humble advice. And don't wait too long, the more atrophied your tissues are, the harder the treatment, I think, but I'm no expert, so don't quote me. I'm sorry so many of you are having serious problems, & I hope you get relief soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.