Trying to diagnose my weak bladder issue!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi All

Since i can remember i have had this awful issue with getting an urge to pee very frequently , What i find very strange about it is when i am drinking Water or Tea or Cider i can drink a full cup of tea or water no problem, its when i am drinking my second drink (Cider) i get the urge, once i go once thats it, i am in and out of the toilet every 10 mins, it is so frustrating, i avoid going to concerts etc for this reason, i have never actually went on myself but i have been so close in numerous occasions (When on public transport) i start getting the sweats and a stinging sensation the longer i hold it,  i know this is not normal, because when i am in a pub my mates would probably go to the toilet 3 or 4 times int hw whole night which i find unbelievable tbh !  i do be so jealous lol

i am 34 now and have had this issue since i was a Teenager , i did go to the Doctor at an early stage but i got scared of the idea of what they were gonna do but i am regretting this now, does anyone esle have this issue or know what is wrong with me, somebody told me its a false message going to my brain to say my bladder is full, but most times i only go a small bit even though i feel like i am going to burst!

Any advice appreciated

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Keep a diary of how frequently you pee and how much for 2-4 weeks then take it to your GP. I did this and I've got a diagnosis & treatment, was going up to 20 times per day, now it's 6-8. GPs are helpful if you give them something to work with.

• Posted

James do you have to 'strain' or push to urinate?

If so you might have something called primary bladder neck obstruction, where the neck of the bladder doesn't relax enough when you pee, which causes irritation to the bladder. Might explain the bursting and not being able to go feeling.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.