Trying to figure out if I have plantar fasciiatis.....please help!

Posted , 5 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I started to have some sharp pain in my heel (really one point I can push on and feels on the side and the bottom of the heel) one day a few weeks ago and thought I had just gotten one more joint hurting but it has gotten worst since. I am doing a lot of reading on the matter and thought that is was what I have but I want to hear from other where is your pain exactly because the pictures I see on the internet show the pain to be in the middle of the heel going into the arch of the foot. Mine is clearly a point on the side to bottom of my heel and now I can barely put any weight on it. I was trying to avoid having to go see a doctor especially if it is plantar fasciiatis. Thanks in advance. 

0 likes, 5 replies


5 Replies

  • Posted

    Hi Joay,

    PF is normally a very sharp pain just in front of the heel in the centre of the sole and an ache along the sole but pf can take several forms as we are all different and the causes are many. Your pain sounds like the form known as policeman's heel which as the mane suggests is often experienced by policemen on the beat due to all the walking pounding the heel.

    You do not say what caused your problem, if you had been walking or running or stopped doing an activity or retired which is when I got my PF.

    I would highly recommend gel heel pads or PF gel insoles that you can buy on the web for under £10 or in the case of the gel heel pads only a couple of quid at it will help whatever the type of pf you have so is a good first option to try. Stretching exercises are also good if it was not an injury that caused the pf as they stretch the calf muscles which takes the strain off the pf tissue where it goes around the heel. Warm footbaths before the exercises helps and rubbing in an anti-inflammatory cream helps to reduce any inflammation.

    You would possibly find a visit to a foot specialist  or podiatrist would be more helpful than a doctor although the doctor could refer you if you are in the UK.

  • Posted

    I had Planter Faciaitis and as I remember that’s where the pain was. I did go see a podiatrist and he gave me a shot in foot. He numbed it first and was very gentle. Actually, hardly felt it. One day or so, pain all gone. Hope you feel better. Don’t wait, get it checked out.
  • Posted

    my pain was in the same place. Its the weakest part of the Plantar Fasciitis, where it joins on to the Achilles tendon in the heel

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up