Trying to figure out the cause of pelvic pain, getting nowhere!

Posted , 7 users are following.

For quite some time now ive been experiencing pain during sexual intercourse with my boyfriend. its quite a deep sharp pain in my lower stomach. at first the doctor gave me a weeks course of metronidazole to treat BV, thinking that may have been the cause but it wasn't. i was tested for sti's, had bloods taken, and still nothing. sometimes the pain can be in my bottom aswell but like deep almost as if its bowel pain, even just jiggling my bottom can cause this deep pain (sorry) its ruining my sex life and its really worrying me, ive been looking up endemetriosis and allsorts. i have extremely painful periods and do get clots sometimes (sorry again) going to try and book a dr appointment tomorrow. i just dont know what it could be, anyone else dealt with this and got a diagnosis? my biggest fear is not having children. i had a bad case of pelvic inflammatory disease a couple of years ago also sad would appreciate any input x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

This is not easy for far-distant ideas.

Jumping to mind are:

- adhesions (from your pid or endometriosis)

- pelvic congestion syndrome

adhesions are hard to see in imaging. Sometimes can be seen in some MRIs. (please search internet)

but only proven via laparoscopy (same with endometriosis)

pelvic congestion syndrome is easier to diagnose: ultrasound, MRV, CT

best of luck.

also exclusion is peace of mind.

• Posted

Thanks for putting this out here. I'm having almost the same issue. Were you able to pinpoint a diagnosis?

• Posted

Sorry i havent posted in a while, i have a laparpscopy on friday so should be finding out whats going on. So sorry that youre having the same problems it can become unbearable sad will post back here when ive had it done smile
  • Posted

Hi, do not worry about that, I suggest you to go to the hospital to confirm what disease you got, and I recommend the fuyan pills to you, my frend vivian has the same symptoms and she is fine after take fuyan pills.Hope helpful to you.

• Posted

i was in the same situation years ago had vaginal ultrasound swabs and pap smear and they couldnt find a cause i was given 3 different antibiotics to take plus was treated for a uti the pain was still there after i had finished the tablets i suffered with it for 3 years and it finally went away on its own i had lower right ovary pain backpain and pain on intercourse naproxen helped to relive some of the pain ....now years on i have developed bv and iv got lower back pain which feels like thats bv related i have been suffering with reoccuring bv for the last 3 years now and its not getting any better

• Posted

sometimes u have to have more than one swab to determin the cause as sometimes the bacteria thats collected dies before it gets the the lab some bacteria die within a short space of time your local hospital should be able to swab and get the samples straight to the lab with mabe a better change of collecting the bacteria alive just a thought

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.