Trying to figure out this heart 'issue'

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey everyone. So this is all very long but i''ll try to sum it up as quick as I can. I'm a 30 year old female, slightly overweight but mostly healthy (as far as I know) The last 6 years or so I started with this heart 'issue'. It started as an uncomfortable pounding with some exertion. Heat would bring on a pounding feeling, as would a heavy meal. The only thing that seemed to help was if I drank alcohol, or fell asleep and i'd usually wake up feeling better. So 9 months ago I had a baby and ever since i'm having more issues and more often. After I had my daughter I was getting a lot of chest pains. Well I have been to the ER probably 12 times in the last 5 months for heart issues and they find nothing. I've had countless EKG's, bloodwork checking my cholesterol/lipid levels-all the work-up/stress test, MRI, x-rays..and this week i'm getting a halter monitor to wear. Well i'm no longer really getting the chest pains but i'm getting the pounding feeling a lot more..when I have this feeling sometimes my heart isn't really even pounding..I feel my pulse and it feels pretty normal and steady but it feels uncomfortable. It makes me not want to do any kind of exertion at all and if I do it starts to pound like crazy until I sit back down. Also i've been getting quite a bit of skipped beats..just went to the ER and they caught them on EKG as well as on the heart monitor but said my heart was in a normal rhythm & they were basically benign. I went out last night for a friends birthday and tried having a few beers..at first I was getting the pounding feeling so I was drinking water with my beer...after a while that subsided. Then I started getting the uncomfortable/skipped beats feeling. Alcohol use to 'help' it, but now it seems to make it worse. I just can't understand how I have all of these issues yet they find nothing wrong? Heat seems to make my heart pound uncomfortably, as well after eating sometimes, and chocolate. I no longer drink any caffeine. I do have anxiety but I just feel like this is more than anxiety. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi, yes i have similar, alcohol sometimes relaxes  me or can go the other way of pounding heat however if you suffer from these sort of flutters alcohold wont help nor caffene, i have to say that i am 53 and looking back hav always suffered from these on and off sometimes nothing for years - SO i have worked out its definetley stress based which often u cannot help as things in life happen which are out of your control.  I have to learn to relax and go with these feelings till they pass usually by a fitness regime keeping fit and healthy and then all bad thoughts go away and life is good again.  Yours may be similar to mine. hope that helps
  • Posted

has anyone done a Full Thyroid Panel on you? I am 54 and found out recently I have Mitral and Tricuspid Regurgitation, which means the two valves do not close tightly and allows blood to back flow. My Thyroid numbers are high also. 

Borh of these things cause the Heart Palpitations , especially the Heart valve issue. Sometime my heart would beat so hard and loud in my neck it would freak me out bad. 

I suggest a Full Thyroid Panel and have a heart Scan done. That will tell you if anything is wrong with the valves. It is like a sonogram of the heart. Non invasive.

Good luck.

• Posted

Sorry, meant to say with the Valve issue I can not have any caffeine either. It makes my heart beat crazily. I do eat a little chocolate now but only after I have eaten a meal, so I have food in my stomach. To much sugar also will make my heart go nuts now. I miss my Starbucks!
  • Posted

Hey

I am in the exact same position as you since ive had my baby, My heart constantly skips beats and pounds its horrible. Do you ever feel faint when you get an etopic? This is what i have. Just wanted to let you know your not alone but keep pushing for tests at the doctors...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.