Trying to fuse, what to do?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am waiting to go to dr's tomorrow, had biopsy done a month ago, she was certain LS and I'm pretty certain. I've been using Clob for a month and Premarin (which I'm going to ask for bioidentical hormone instead tomorrow). I have raw areas and after watching closely, I can see areas starting to fuse and have accidentally torn open one which was quite painful... now I see another and started to tear. How do these not fuse without me tearing them apart... it makes me want to cry. I know my dr will want to look tomorrow and she has an intern with her. She knows nothing about LS. If she wants to put the gadget in there, I will cry. I'm waiting to see gynocologist and hopefully in the next two weeks as there is a waiting list. Should I try using the Clob inside there? 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

When my dr needed to take a swab I asked them to use the smallest speculum and was also told the plastic ones are more comfortable than the metal ones. Tell her before hand that your nervous about it hurting due to the fusing. She should understand but might be more careful if you point it out. It's ok to tell her to pause if it hurts to much. It's your body remember smile

Also remember it's up to you whether you have the intern there. I've always allowed them in other medical appointments but not any examinations down below as I know it would make me more nervous and therefore it would hurt more.

I'm not sure how we stop the fusion either. I didn't even know I had a bit until my gynae told me but she in helpfully didn't tell me how to avoid it or what to do about it now. Will be watching this post to see if anyone knows.

• Posted

Hi Cindy, sorry you are so upset , l,m no expert lve had

LS for offically 5years  but much longer l think . If l were you l would not put clob near your insides its an external cream . Dont worry about that awful thing they use to open us up your GP most likely will not want to go there she will leave that for the gyny to deal with , by which time it might be calmer down there

I use vaseline and rum my finger alomg all possible fusing places trying to keep the paths open had about 95% sucess 

Dont try pulling your skin apart lots of ladies on this site swear by baking soda , if you read their posts they have all the details ,mixing ratio,s etc there as been lots of help with the fusing using the soda.lts scary at first but coming to this site will help you loads ,just knowing your not alone is fantastic.Good luck with your appointment , try not to worry , stress makes LS worse

Best wishes Win x

• Posted

I would suggest:  baking soda baths and baking soda rinses after each bathroom visit. And cover generously with coconut oil.  (when not using glob)

Next to that - immediately cut your sugar intake.  Start an alkaline diet - no gluten, no dairy.  No alcohol. 

No glob inside, only on outside affected skin.  

• Posted

Ditto on the sugar, Cindy. It's a proven inflammatory food. Like throwing gasoline on the flames of LS. Even Vaseline will stop the two sticky, raw sides from joining each other.
    • Posted

Yes I'm doing the Paleo autoimmune 'diet' so no grains, no sugar, no dairy, no nightshades, etc... I just stopped the nightshades which I'm guessing are bad for me. The sides are 'stuck' so scared to pull them apart... I've been soaking with the baking soda and trying not to stress which is also another trigger I believe. Thanks for your help.
    • Posted

Stress is, I think, our main trigger. Most of us seem to agree. If doing this strict diet is stressing you out it may be counter-productive. I just try to eat only a tiny bit of sugar. Giving up chocolate bars, ice cream cones and big desserts made a world of difference quickly. But, as with Hanny, some sufferers have a particularly aggressive form of LS and the best diet in the world doesn't seem to slow it down once it makes up its mind to get sticky. Hanny, who could hardly pee, had a dilation procedure to get unstuck and has recovered very well and even gone into remission, so there's a light at the end of the tunnel.
    • Posted

No the diet doesn't stress me out. I did it for a couple of months last year, it is just more expensive... finances are more my stress issue. I just read a great article from a woman who writes a blog, and she has HS which is an autoimmune disease as well, and she fixed her flare ups by going on the autoimmune diet and figured out her big trigger is potatoes... nightshades. Anyway eating this way can't hurt to try and is healthy and makes me feel more in control. I'm looking forward the light at the end of the tunnel, literally. lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.