Trying to get this alcohol problem sorted. It is proving difficult. No one knows I have a problem

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been through some major life changes. I spent most of last year in hospital with heart troubles. I came very close to dieing and it really upset my family. Now I'm home and what was a slight preoccupation with drinking has become a much bigger problem.

So far I have his it from my family but I know I must quit for my health. I was in a coma for quite sometime with liver and kidney failure which did lasting damage. So I feel like and idiot for putting my health in danger but I'm concerned I can't quit. Thank you

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Too much idle time on your hands is the main problem. You need to try and fill it.

There is medication that can greatly help, but personally, having spent a long time in hospital and a fair amount of time recovering at home afterwards, I know it is all too easy to sit and watch TV and drink.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.