trying to identify my nose bogey problem - linked to ears?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all,

Sorry for the disgusting detail here.

For some time I have been trying to solve my eustachian tube issues. I have trouble equalising when exposed to a pressure differential.

I have started to realise that i often hear a crackly sticky kind of sound within my ear when I try to equalise. Its hard to describe but if Im a little bunged up at the time, its almost like blowing snot bubbles within my eustachian tubes.

Ive also realised how much of a nose picker I am. Even when I don't have a cold, I seem to generate alot of nose bogeys. They tend to be thick and sticky gobs, sometimes 5mm in size. I can pull these gobs out of my nose on a regular basis. They are NOT runny, and I don't feel anything in my throat. Its purely that I generate alot of nose bogeys. Because of how stiff they are, often nothing comes out when I blow my nose, hence why Ive gotten into the habit of being a nose picker.

However I am wondering if this could be linked to my ear problem. Perhaps my eustachian tubes also have a tendancy to become sticky with mucus. Could it be slowly and continually discharging from these areas and gobbing together into sticky lumps that obviously then work their way down and out my nose?

I have tried nasal rinsing and nothing obvious has ever been flushed out. However I have noticed my ears pop easier when I am in the shower - indicating the steam is helping.

Does anyone know of any conditions that could be the cause here to allow me to investigate further?

Thanks

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.