Trying to lose weight. Any ideas how to get rid of annoying lower tummy fat?

Posted , 10 users are following.

I'm on track to being more healthy and more aware of what I put into my body. Everyone has told me I carry my weight really well (how kind) im,202lbs. The issue I'm having is allot of the weight is going to my midsection,lower belly. It's just not going away! It's so embarrassing. Just wanted to see if anyone out there has any advice or is in the same boat?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have the same problem, but I have heard that it will go eventually, the other thing that works, is, cling film wrapped around stomach.
    • Posted

Am I being naive cling wrap can't work. My sister lost a lot of eight only thing that worked was a tummy tuck , I am so jealous that now I want ,it looks so good
  • Posted

Lol want a tummy tuck?
    • Posted

I do my sister looks pretty hot for 53, I am 51 and I want that too....lol and let's be honest who doesn't want to be hot,and hot flashes don't count
  • Posted

Simple ideas I hope It can helps you. Warm lemon water in the morning with little bit of sugar for taste. Do it for 1 month and see the results. I been doing for a week now and so far so good.
  • Posted

A few friends of mine who are into body building as a hobby have always told me a few things. 1. Abs are made in the kitchen not just the gym. Meaning you need to watch your diet. Theres a lot of foods that will make you gain a lot of weight. The fact that it's going into your midregion is just how your body stores.

& 2. You can NOT spot train your fat off. Example, if you have flabby arms, lifting weights will not tone up ONLY your arms. The best thing you can do is simply cardio and burn off more calories than you're consuming. If its the tummy region then you need just do cardio. Because the amount of calories you burn while running for 30 minutes vs just crunches, is noticiable when it comes to results. Crunches are great if you've burned off the fat off your body and you want to tone your muscles and show off those abs (while eating strictly healthy). 

So my advice to you is just to pick up some cardio in your life. Do at least 30 minutes of walking, cycling, jogging, stairs, dancing, kickboxing, what have you. Just do cardio and watch your food intake (for every starchy/heavy carb food on your plate, cut that in half and replace it with more vegetables like brocoli) and you'll see the lower belly shrink in no time. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.