Trying to make sense of CES

Posted , 6 users are following.

If a patient has a bad back for a matter of months, having tried all conservative treatments offered by the treating medical staff, to no avail, should they be referred for an MRI scan? If the patient has an MRI scan, due to months of bilateal sciatica and poor urine flow at times, and the scan shows a very large prolapse with Cauda Equina compression, should they be referred to the spinal surgeons for a discectomy, or left to 'see how it goes'?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Moonshiner Im not sure I just know I had to wait untill my surgeon read mine and the first one i had done the consultant said he wasnt able to read it all he could tell me was that there was something impringing on my spine thats why i was sent to a bigger hospital to see the spinal surgeon so my guess would be that she only only read a typed report from somebody telling her what physio to give you .I know when i was leaving the hospital 3 wks ago my doctor had me see the physio there and she arranged my physio down near where i live start that in 2 wks.I really hope you find out exactly what went wrong and by whom .Il keep you in my thoughts let me know if there are any development

Terrie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.