Trying to raise awareness

Posted , 10 users are following.

To all UK Guardian readers, I've just e-mailed a piece about LS to the 'My life in Sex,' column. Let's hope they print it! I'm trying to raise awareness.

8 likes, 47 replies

47 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Though I'm obviously sorry that any of us are on here and wish, for all our sakes, that we weren't.

• Posted

B of S you used the

Word Grieving in relation to LS and tragically that is exactly the right word. 

I am 67 now and for almost 16 years I have grieved for loss in one way or another 

But 

Grieving for the free womanly spirit I wanted to be is ongoing !! 

Though I am blessed with wonderful family and friends that I am thankful for every day. Goes without saying 

I allow myself time off sometimes for feeling sorry for myself (we are allowed)  I get mad and sad that my sexuality has been  jeapodised by this

silent sneaky ugly burning humiliating ugly scary condition 

that 

NO professional either for mental or physical advice has a clue how to react or treat 

Except for Professor Kehoe who is at least honest 🙏🏻

So yes B of S, Sarb and all my other Ladies of LS we would be a formidable army   Wouldn’t we ?? 

Men can suffer too and sometimes with awful consequences due to their anatomy and fusing.  So they can end up having a bag for pee.  😔

I like B of S am sorry this is the ONLY true place I feel we get understanding and support. 

Thank You one and all.  

Ok

Lippy check

Baggy trousers check

Smile check

Spare pants check 

Hey ho hey ho ‘‘tis off to babysit I go 

If they only knew 🤓

• Posted

Well said Sedg! I am so thankful we have this site. I mentioned it to my old gyno and she seemed surprised by it. I think I want your doctor/scientist!
    • Posted

And I have now found a brilliant and understanding doctor too, so they do exist...
    • Posted

B of S   Yay I am thrilled you have understanding brilliant doctor. 

It makes soo much difference to have that support 

X X

• Posted

Hey maybe we could meet 

Well Metta, I know you are in Canada 🇨🇦  just a wee bit too far for a pub lunch 😊 but we could report back 🤓

I live in Warwickshire and don’t mind driving (got my cushion ring of ease ) 😉

• Posted

You ladies are a breath of fresh air! Thank you for sharing some of your experiences... the sadness, the grief, the shock... and yes, the humour.( ; If we can make each other laugh from time to time, then we're onto something, don't you think?

Although I live in Canada, my father was from Aberdeenshire and I always loved how the Scots and the Brits could lighten a heavy topic with humour. Good on you!

Metta xo to All

• Posted

I agree such a great site! Also just fyi there is now a Facebook page that is totally secure and private. It is great too. Thanks everyone!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.