Trying to self-diagnose

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been dealing with an abusive relationship with an ex who tried to induce heart attacks after a temporary period of him taking out life insurance (associated with his work) and my first heart attack at 31 and after I requested a separation to save my own life. I have had about five very painful heart attacks over the past five years but several silent myocardial infractions. My initial lay person assessment is that this is ventricular fibrillation with STEMI but I am not an expert. It is associated with severe temperature intolerance (I cannot handle temperatures above 65 degrees unless I have wine in my system) I've attached images of my ECG before and after three glasses of wine. (the extreme crazy ecg is before and normal is after) It is the only thing that fixes my heart rate...I flatline without it, literally and would like to replace this with something healthier as it ages me. Without wine, my resting heart rate is 219, and then will titrate in a second to 30. I likely had my first heart attack at 4 during a heat wave (very bad parents who never did anything about it despite the school calling and telling them) and have had a congenital heart condition likely my entire life. I'm trying to figure out whether I need warfarin or a stent so I can stop drinking wine. The medical care has been extremely poor in my area and my middle eastern husband has family in medicine...there is likely an association (he has threatened that) I don't drink enough to have a hangover and hard alcohol makes it worse, wine much better. Every time I try to stop I end up in the ER with a major heart attack...much worse than the silent MI's I have recorded. Anyone have an idea as to whether this is thick blood or a-fib? I am concerned a stint could cause a clot. My biggest concern is that every time I have heart problems the EKG does not even record (I have alive cor) and the bad ecg's are not registering...only the good one did. imageimageimage

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello

I am so sorry that you are having such awful problems with your heart. I have no medical training and so cannot read an ecg. Have you considered taking them to an independent doctor (one that you are not related to)? Perhaps they could help you.

I guess that wine being a depressant may make you relaxed and thereby slow your heart rate. However, I am not sure that wine is a good idea in the long term. Have you tried any medication to slow the heart rate? I was given beta blockers once to slow mine when I was getting anxiety attacks with high heart rate. A GP could advise you. I realise that it is a difficult time to get medical help because of Covid 19, but most doctors will agree to a telephone conversation.

Very best wishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.