Trying to sort out my anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

Could anyone tell me what there symptoms were I.e did there pain come and go ? We're they constantly bloated  or not ? Did they have bladder or bowel problems ? Did they lose weight ? I've only had lower abdominal cramps until I took buscopan then they went I've lost a little weight this last two weeks probably due to my anxiety and not eating very much at all ..I would really appreciate some feed back many thanks 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Denise, my symptoms were peeing like every 30 min, pressure down low, low back pain, my pain was not constant, came and went, my belly wasn't really bloated looking, but I could literally get 2 or 3 bites in, and I felt like I had eaten thanksgiving dinner, felt sick for hours, I lost about 10 pounds in a month, I never went to a Dr, just lived with it, when I went for my ob annual visit and she felt the mass on my ovary, so when I told her everything else that was going on, she opted to do the vaginal ultrasound which revealed what turned out to be a Brenner tumor. I hope that helps you
    • Posted

What is a brenner tumour ? And what has your treatment been ? I went to my gp 4 days after my cramps started was told possible ibs because when I got the cramps I needed to move my bowels, then the cramps eased when back 2 wk later and I asked them for blood test to be done as I wasn't happy and my c125 was slightly raised and that has sent my anxiety to a whole new level ! Hence not eating very much then the weight loss making things worse I've got it into my head my ultra sound will show something terrible I'm sorry I'm going on but just looking for some reassurance many thanks 
    • Posted

Brenner tumors are rare, women typically get them in their 50s 60s and 70s, only 6-7% are malignant, mine was benign, no treatment, they just removed my ovaries and tubes, I'm 53, didn't need them anyways, my ca125 was normal, I wouldn't fixate on that. There are tons of things that can elevate that . I did the same as you, panicked, was convinced it was ovarian cancer, and it wasn't. I would Google " what conditions elevate ca125 levels" then look at the symptoms and see what best matches your symptoms. Very possible its IBS, I have that too, and I have the cramps and bowel movement issues..try not to stress, that will aggravate the issue. Saying a prayer right now, that its something not serious and easily treatable. Keep us posted Denise. Any other questions hesitate to ask
    • Posted

Thank you I'm 57 I have another appointment this afternoon at 4 so hopefully he will put my mind at ease thankyou very much for your reply will let you know what he says

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.