Trying Vitamin B-6

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey everyone

New to the group...I think I'm experiencing perimenopause. I have a history of anxiety it that has gotten so bad and now has made my periods and the time around them 10's worse. I used to have 1 good week now I'm lucky if I get 1 good day. I've started taking vitamin b6, has anyone tried this and had any success with some of their symptoms? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Get your blood work done now ! I’ve had 11 years of anxiety and did not know it was due to Peri. You need to find out what you are deficient in before you start buying loads of vitamins as most of those we take we don’t need .

I was low on b12 and salt I discovered after my blood work . Also imperative you get your hormones checked as this is what causes our anxiety and you don’t want it to spiral . 

• Posted

I can say for sure that magnesium a couple of times a day will help things. For sure.

If you're needing to calm down during sleeping hours Valerian is also very helpful the tincture. A dropperful.

There are very few things that I stick with but magnesium is one of them and valarium early morning hours when I can't go back to sleep.

I hope this helps

Xoxo

• Posted

Hi Kelly. Hopefully it helps a bit just to know you are not alone and that this is common with perimenopause! Take a B-Complex twice daily, with breakfast and lunch. Your Bs deplete with anxiety and stress. Keep busy and active. That helps me. So many things that would benefit you, but being as I don't know if you have medical issues, etc. I don't want to suggest too many. I saw a Naturopath and that helped me greatly. Meditation, also. There is also a workbook called the Panic & Anxiety Workbook, which was a godsend for me. It's on amazon. Helps you get everything out and gives you perspective. As well, when you are in moments of anxiety, doing something in that book really takes your mind off things. You're not alone. My anxiety has skyrocketed with perimenopause. It's all a part of the lovely process! 😰

• Posted

Thanks Jen! I will definitely order the book. I do like to stay active and have always been. The only thing of course that slows me down now is the up and down fatigue that comes with everything else. Thanks for the advice
    • Posted

Ah yes. The fatigue. It sure sucks sad.... I haven't found anything to conquer that, except the sleep that I should be getting!!

• Posted

Hi girls- I am new here too and desperately looking for help and reassurance.

My anxiety is almost unbearable. For me, I get a quick palpitation and then a wave of coolness over my body, then the severe anxiety. This will have over 50 times a day sometimes. Does this sound normal? Please help.....

• Posted

Yes that sounds like hormones . I have a trauma spray that you spray in the mouth from the health store .... I think it’s mainly alcohol but it works !! otherwise you may have to go on Xanax I have it for emergencies as have a hard time driving since Peri 11years!so nip it in the bud as once you experience it it becomes normal and extremely limits your life. You get the OCD of panic .. will I ... can I .. what if? It’s like a military operation to get anywhere . 
    • Posted

Thank you for the response, Lori. I feel like my life is over with the way things are. its debilitating. :-(
    • Posted

I’m

Also doing acupuncture and a b6b12 combo pill that has worked wonders for the fatigue ...I take it with coffee and boy it gets you moving . After 3 months either lay in bed or couch so appreciative to have some energy and not ready for bed at 5pm ! 

• Posted

Also the name of your combo vit please as I am suffering with depression and anxiety, doctors gave me HRT yesterday, I am 58 and menopausal,
    • Posted

It’s by a company called ‘KAL’ B6 B12 methyl folate 3mg 2500mcg 400 mcg.

I take one on the morning then 1/2 in the afternoon before my run. Don’t feel tired anymore.... really works ! I was ‘crashing ‘ a lot and can’t believe this new energy I have .

I still go to bed at 10 but could actually stay up later which is amazing as up to a few weeks ago was ready for bed at 5pm! 

• Posted

Hi Jill

Its hard to give immediate remedies or fixes to something so huge that we are transitioning into.

I feel for you completely. Your life isn't over however you will get through this. Right now it seems impossible, as it has seemed that way for me as well. Life becomes overwhelming, every step, every decision, every move is indecision, worry, doom, depression etc. I didn't realize how much i have been suffering until i begin to feel a tad bit better. I too can have a thought and it sends a jolt through my body and im filled with dread and fear its so awful.

How old are you and where are you at in this?

You will get through it, but it takes time. Just do all the things that you think may help, be your own experiment (safe ofcourse) and you have this forum. We will help.

x0x0x

• Posted

Thank you so much. You words are comforting. I am 51. STil trying to rule out this being something other than menopause. The constant adrenaline rushes make me worried it’s something else. sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.