TSH

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I've been feeling more tired than usual so decided to get my thyroid levels checked and I always find that I feel my best when both t4 and t3 levels are at the top of the ranges.

This time they were within range but not quite near the top. However my Tsh was 0.1. There was a note from the doctor saying it seemed like I may be over replaced. I still feel lousy and I'm not dropping the medication.

My question is how relevant /important is the Tsh level compared to the t4 and t3? Should I just focus on the t3/t4 levels as I have been up until now?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Also I'm taking thyrogold (ndt)

• Posted

Hi, I'm not an expert but I believe that TSH is always suppressed like that when on NDT so you should go by the t3 and t4 results. Hopefully someone can confirm that for you smile

• Posted

Thank you Andrea I didn't realise that was the case that's reassuring! I definitely dont feel over replaced so thanks for the advice

• Posted

No problem smile everyone I know who is on it seems to have the same issue with their doctor not knowing this and wanting to lower their dose!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.