TSH & Cortisol lab results-Do they actually look normal?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can someone please take a look at my results? Maybe you've had the same test done & know a thing or two about Thyroid (&/or Adrenal) issues! Opinions? Should more testing be done & if so, the names of the test would be great. Thank you!!

(Back story: I was told my labs/blood work for my thyroid is just fine. But I've been suffering from Hypothyroid symptoms & extreme adrenal fatigue symptoms for almost 3yrs. I have a goiter as well, I've been to several doctors & none are concerned. It seems these symptoms are messing w/my Pcos as well. (I do not have insulin resistance nor Diabetes) I also had hormone testing done as well, I can post those if needed.)

Blood work-TSH & Cortisol results

Tested at 7:54am

ACTH, plasma-6 pg/mL

Range: 6-50 pg/mL

Cortisol, A.M.- 0.5L

Range: 8am (7am-9am)

Specimen: 4.0-22.0

Dexamethasone- 356 ng/dL

Reference ranges:

Baseline: Less than 20ng/dL

1mg Dexmethasone overnight:

180-550ng/dL (8-10am)

---------------------------

TSH: 2.08

Range 0.40-4.50

T4Free: 1.1

Range: 0.8-1.8

T3Free: 3.3

Range: 2.3-4.2

Thyroid Peroxidase & Thyroglobulin Antibodies: 1

Range: < or = 1

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi. You might get a better response on the hypothyroidism forum. 
    • Posted

Thanks for the tip, didn't know there was a Hypo forum?! I'll do that now, thanks again.

• Posted

Your thyroid labs look good. I don't know about your cortisol without knowing levels at different time-points during the day or normalizing to DHEA.

?A great diet for PCOS is keto (LCHF); I know several women who have had dramatic improvement in PCOS symptoms.

• Posted

I don't understand why dexamethasone was tested. Did you have the cortisol stimulation test?  And if so were your thyroid labs drawn before the stimulation test?  Any corticosteroid will suppress TSH but an ordering doctor would know this and so would the lab so it's probably fine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.