TSH for those who are optimal

Posted , 5 users are following.

For those of you that have reached remission/feeling great, what is your optimum TSH?? Just wanting to see people's numbers, how it all varies. 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I like mine to run no higher than 1.5 and no lower than 0.70
  • Posted

i have been 2times in remission for a year and tsh was always low 0.04. but hormones were good. Since january  tsh starting to level up  to 1.0 .
  • Posted

My Free T3 and T4 were immediately in mid-range when I was put on 10 mg of Methimazole but my TSH was less than 0.001 for 2 years.  I did not consider myself in remission until 1)  my TSH climbed into the normal range; and 2) my antibodies were non-detectable.  Even then I was hesitant to stop the very little dose I was then taking of 2.5 mg of methimazole 3 or 4 times a week.  Finally stopped meds in April of this year and last two times lab tests were still all normal where I wanted them while I was off meds.
    • Posted

Congratulations, Linda.

You are in euthyroid for 5 months, just halfway to be in remission! I hope I can be on the same path "soon".

But I don't see there is an "optimal" level of TSH for everyone (just my opinion).

• Posted

As long as TSH is in range and the patient feels good with where it is at, i.e no symptoms, then you have a sliding scale of where it is optimal.  I feel more sluggish if mine goes higher.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.