TSH keeps going up

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'v been hypo since 1999 and never had problems like this.  Ive been under a huge amount of stress and not sure if this would cause this to happen.  Had TSH done at ER about 2 months ago and it 15.0, so the endo upped my levoxyl only .25mcg to be split and taken in two different days, I've been having problems with anxiety when we go fast, anyway i'm on .50mcgs 5 days a week and .75mcg 2 days a week, before we upped it i was on .50ncg 7 days a week.  I thought even with this small increase the level would go down a bit, instead its up 8 points.  Now I'm freaking myself out by looking at things and it saying tumors and cancer because it goes up.  

These are the tests 

TSH 24.42

Free T4 1.22

Free t3  2.1

Has anyone had this happen?  I'm thinking that the .25mcg increase was not enough.  Can anyone help me.  THanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

How do you feel in yourself do you have aching joints or feeling hot and terrible tiredness. What symptoms do you have.

I know, if a problem arises it's a job to get back to normal.

• Posted

Hi Patty, my experience was that this medication shows as if it works in blood work, but does nothing for hypothyroid symptoms and actually worsens thyroid disease because it triggers and worsens existing autoimmune disease. It's basically a placebo with side effects. 

However, it did change my blood work results...  There's a lag on the bloodwork once you change or start meds... It could be that something has triggered your thyroid condition to worsen, such as exposure to mercury or bromine, and your thyroid response is lagging as well. So as you thyroid condition worsens due to whatever exposure, your meds are barely increased and don't even compensate for whatever retriggered the autoimmune stuff, and you get a net worsening of your condition.

Well, there's a couple of ways to look at this.

The meds never really worked right for me, and I got more relief from amino acid therapy than any thing else, even thoughI have severe thyroid disease. Just something to think about.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.