TSH LEVELS

Posted , 4 users are following.

Recently was told by doc that my TSH look even is 15 and should be 5. Is this correct. He upped me from 25mg to 50mg.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

In the uk the normal range is between 0.4-5 so it is sort of right because the optimal range is between 1-2 you want to try and get your levels around that mark if possible. When my TSH is at 5 I still feel aweful, but everyone is different. I start to feel better around 3 and then anything lower than that is much better. But everyone is different, and you know your body.
  • Posted

Hello  Gaye:

My name is Shelly and I am a nurse in the USA.  I Hashimoto's Thyroid disease since 1987.

Normal TSH should be between  0.45  to 4.50  and most doctors like it between  1.5 to 3.5  and  the middle at 2.0  is ideal.

25mcg  and 50mcg are  low doses.  Most people are on 75mcg  to 150mcg and it is often  changed after blood work comes back.  Some of it is also based on your weight since you have to have so many Mcg to KG ratio.

So yes, it is common to have a dose changed over time.  Take LEVO without any food as it will block LEVO from working.

If you take a good multivitamin with iron, that helps make Ferritin a component of iron help the Levo work better.  Take any vitamins at least 4 hours after your LEVO.

I hope this helps and if you have any questions just ask.

Shelly

• Posted

Thank you Shelly.

I have been on 50 mg fir about a week and startjng to feel better. Dic will see me in 8 weeks..

• Posted

Hello Gaye

Drop us a line when your next blood work comes back.  Best wishes,

Shelly

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.