TSH levels. New here. Help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi! New here. I accidentally posted in the hyperthyroid thread as well.

My TSH levels have risen in less than two years. Is this normal? I do have symptoms that are driving me crazy and making life hard. Interfering with even my daily life. I've got major anxiety and confusion and just feel weird almost all the time. I've got thinner hair, weight gain for no reason in belly area...my Dr is in the process of obtaining my previous lab results to compare them. Here are the levels:

2015 - 1.9

Now - 3.255

Any advice would be great. (Like why tests should be ran, etc)

Thanks.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

So have these symptoms arrived over the last couple of years, consistent with the rise in your TSH? If so, then you are right to suspect your thyroid, even though the current level of 3.255 would still be considered in the "normal" range. However, anecdotal evidence suggests many people do best when it is around 1.

As well as TSH, T3 And T4 would be advisable to test for a more complete picture. Seeing an endocrinologist may be a good idea as many family doctored don't Have much understanding of thyroid problems.

• Posted

Thank you for your response. Yes, my symptoms have really spiked in the last few months actually. I have a family history of thyroid problems. My dad has a tumor on his thyroid and my sister and aunt have hyperthyroidism.

I'm tired all the time to the point of exhaustion. And my brain fog/confusion/weird feeling is getting debilitating. I'm taking time off of work because of it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.